About Me

Rhode Island, United States
Gamertag: 'A Tagger' I mostly write reviews for games, and I write what I think could improve a game.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Microsoft Xbox Handheld

There has been much debate on weather an Xbox handheld system is a possibility.
I personally like the idea of being able to play my favorite Xbox titles on the go.
I recently found a question on the internet about this and here are my thoughts:

I agree, this would be a good thing for Microsoft to do. Sony and Nintendo currently hold the hand held gaming market, where as Microsoft is still leading the consoles with the affordable Xbox 360 versus the expensive Playstation 3 and the unsatisfied Wii. But I think a hand held is still in the cards for Microsoft at this point, and I don't think there is any reason why there shouldn't be a hand held xbox. Can you image walking down the street playing Halo 3? (sorry but multiplayer may be out of the question...psp ring any bells?) Or on the subway breaking the sound barrier with Hawx? Or even under your desk in class gunning down a mob of zombies with your buddy across the room on co-op (local co-op is a more likely possibility than any matchmaking services unless Microsoft could incorporate the Live feature into a hand held system.) In my many years of gaming I have yet to see Microsoft release a hand held video game system, and I would like to see that. The main argument at discussion is really the technology, can we make the technology that small while still holding the game and the graphical expectations of the Xbox 360? Who knows? But if Microsoft could pull this off I would certainly buy this, this would absolutely murder the DS (considering all of the awful games, c'mon what's next barber simulator?) And the PSP went wrong with a single analog stick ( How hard can it be Sony?) If Microsoft took an Xbox 360 remote and smashed a screen with a miniature disc in it it would be a hit. No questions asked, assuming they can deliver the game quality that they have been giving us since 2001. An Xbox hand held is most likely to be invented in late 2010 I would say, and it will be a big hit when it does come into market.

Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment